Dr. Merlisa Kemp, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Telephone: 0219596538
• National Diploma / Degree in Ultrasound or equivalent OR health care professional with diagnostic ultrasound in the scope of profession.
• Registration with Health Professions Council of South Africa or equivalent.
• Knowledge of the basic physical principles of ultrasound imaging and scanning experience.
The course promotes Continued Professional Development (CPD) and Lifelong Learning (LLL) for sonographers and other healthcare professionals who have an accredited qualification to practice diagnostic ultrasound.
• Ultrasound Physics and Equipment – Haemodynamics, Doppler imaging, Doppler artefacts, Ultrasound safety
• Extracranial cerebrovascular ultrasound – Criteria and procedures, equipment, scanning techniques, interpretation of findings, normal measurements, identification of pathology, technical report of the ultrasound findings
• Submission of ultrasound images of 5 vascular cases (images to include grey-scale, colour and spectral Doppler analyses of normal carotid arteries and internal jugular veins)
• Clinical assessment at the end of the practical session
• CPD certificate for clinical competence, Level 2
• CEUs for attendance = 11 (6 CEUs for lectures and 5 for workshop).
• The course intake is planned for September 2022
• We will repeat the workshop to allow 30 to register.
Online Classes / Hands-on Workshops:
Wed 14 September 2022 18:00-21:00 (Virtual online lectures)
Thurs 15 September 2022 18:00-21:00 (Virtual online lectures)
Sat 17 September 2022 09:00-14:00 (Hands-on Workshop)
Sat 24 September 2022 09:00-14:00 (Hands-on Workshop)
Recommend or share this course on:
Important dates and times
Remember to apply and register on time.
Application Deadline: 2022-08-26
Course offered at:E-block Health Science Education Building, Bellville campus (Hands-on Workshops at E0.10 Ultrasound Skills Laboratory)
I met beautiful people, learn about other cultures. Learning English at CPUT was such a great experience that I will never ever forget. Those who want to learn English in Cape while having fun, CPUT is here for you. I am sure you will not regret it at all.
I chose the short course at CPUT, because I am a mom of a two year old. Doing a correspondance course just wouldn’t work for me. CPUT offers evening classes, which enabled me to attend classes for 6 months. I absolutely enjoyed attending the classes, I also learnt a lot and made friends within the similar fields and with similar interest. Thank you CPUT and the SCM team.
Catherine Andreka, Barloworld Logistics FM&S in Cape Town