The purpose of this qualification is to prepare a learner to operate as a Supply Chain Practitioner who can plan, organise, execute, control and coordinate the activities and inter-relationships across the supply chain environment.
A qualified learner will be able to:
* Provide environmental scanning assistance for effective supply chain operations.
* Implement supply chain operational activities within an organisation.
* Implement and assess supply chain workflow processes for continuous improvement.
* Perform inventory and logistics operational activities within an organisation.
The function of supply chain is to ensure smooth and contractually sound transactions between and amongst businesses, government to business and business to individuals. The function is integral for the success of every industry in South Africa and therefore contributes to the social stability, efficiency and the growth of the South African economy as a whole.
It is estimated that logistics, which is an element of Supply Chain Management and the Supply Chain Practitioners' function, constitutes at least 14% of the costs of goods in South Africa and this is at least 50% above the international norm. A large proportion of this overspend is attributed to inefficiencies and of lack competence in Supply Chain Management. In order to become world competitive, South Africa needs to deliver its goods on time, at the right place and at an acceptable cost. Thus the supply chain personnel need to maintain and improve their levels of competences and skills.
This qualification serves to equip the qualifying learner with the fundamental skills, knowledge and attitudes necessary to support the provision of world class services and, improve client and customer service in the logistics and supply chain management. A variety of occupations from government and business, especially the distribution and logistics sectors will benefit from this qualification, some include: Stevedore operators, Ships' Agents and Forwarding and Clearing Agents
The qualification is made up of compulsory Knowledge Modules (Theory), Practical Modules and Work Place Modules as follows:
• KM-01, Supply Chain Environments, at NQF Level 5, 10 Credits.
• KM-02, Supply Chain Operations, at NQF Level 5, 10 Credits.
• KM-03, Supply Chain Workflow, at NQF Level 5, 10 Credits.
• KM-04, Inventory and Logistics Operations, at NQF Level 5, 10 Credits.
• KM-05, Optimising Supply Chain Relationships, at NQF Level 5, 15 Credits.
Total number of credits for Knowledge Modules: 55.
Practical Skill Modules:
• PM-01, Scan environment for impact on supply chain, at NQF Level 5, 5 Credits.
• PM-02, Execute supply chain operational activities, at NQF Level 5, 15 Credits.
• PM-03, Analyse and interpret supply chain workflow processes, at NQF Level 5, 5 Credits.
• PM-04, Perform inventory and logistics operations, at NQF Level 5, 5 Credits.
• PM-05, Optimise supply chain relationships, at NQF Level 5, 10 Credits.
Total number of credits for Practical Skill Modules: 40.
Work Experience Modules:
• WM-01, Operational/divisional planning processes and procedures, at NQF Level 5, 3 Credits.
• WM-02, Procedures and processes for sourcing products and services from external suppliers, at NQF Level 5, 8 Credits.
• WM-03, The organisations logistics systems and procedures, at NQF Level 5, 8 Credits.
• WM-04, Organisational client and supplier relationship policies and procedures, at NQF Level 5, 8 Credits.
• WM-05, Organisational contract implementation, monitoring and controlling procedures, at NQF Level 5, 4 Credits.
• WM-06, Organisations performance and risk awareness processes and procedures, at NQF Level 5, 8 Credits.
• WM-07, Stores and stock administration processes within the supply chain, at NQF Level 5, 4 Credits.
• WM-08, Distribution systems and procedures within the supply chain, at NQF Level 5, 4 Credits.
Total number of credits for Work Experience Modules: 47.
Certificate will be issued by the Quality Council for Trades and Occupations on successful completion of External Integrated Summative Assessment
Recommend or share this course on:
Important dates and times
Remember to apply and register on time.
Application Deadline: 2022-07-15
Course offered at:Online
Course lasts for: 18 months
Note about registration: Please note the course will commence with minimum number of 15 students.
Class times are: Tuesday 6- 8pm
Note about class dates: Please note the course will commence with minimum number of 15 students.
Credits : 145
NQF level 5
I met beautiful people, learn about other cultures. Learning English at CPUT was such a great experience that I will never ever forget. Those who want to learn English in Cape while having fun, CPUT is here for you. I am sure you will not regret it at all.
I chose the short course at CPUT, because I am a mom of a two year old. Doing a correspondance course just wouldn’t work for me. CPUT offers evening classes, which enabled me to attend classes for 6 months. I absolutely enjoyed attending the classes, I also learnt a lot and made friends within the similar fields and with similar interest. Thank you CPUT and the SCM team.
Catherine Andreka, Barloworld Logistics FM&S in Cape Town