Level 4 with Mathematical Literacy and Communication
The purpose of this qualification is to prepare a learner to operate as a Project Manager. A Project Manager applies knowledge of project management to achieve project objectives in a specific field of application. A qualified learner will be able to: Initiate a project to address specific project objectives.
• Plan and prepare the delivery of a project.
• Execute and control the delivery of a project management plan.
• Manage the project close out process.
Project Managers are the people in charge of a specific project or projects within a company or a government entity and any small or large scale development project requires high quality project management skills. The need for a qualification that will serve as a competency framework for the development of project managers is identified by a number of key government strategic frameworks and policy documents. Project Managers however can work in a variety of fields, from Information and Communication Technology, Human Resources, Advertising, Marketing, Construction and more. Improved service delivery and economic growth in South Africa are dependent on the quality of project management skills available in the country. Project management is a cross-cutting function, needed in all social and economic sectors. This qualification presents a competency framework appropriate for South African contexts and was developed and closely benchmarked against international standards. The qualification establishes a national standard for the training of fully qualified Project Managers and is closely aligned with international best practice.
The qualification is made up of compulsory Knowledge Modules (Theory), Practical Modules and Work Place Modules as follows:
• PM-01, Initiate a project, NQF Level 5, Credits 4
• PM-02, Plan and develop a project management approach and scope statement, NQF Level 05, Credits 8
• PM-03, Plan and develop a project time line and schedule, NQF Level 05, Credits 8
• PM-04, Plan for and project the cost of a project, NQF Level 05, Credits 8
• PM-05, Plan project management systems, NQF Level 05, Credits 8
• PM-06, Monitor and control the scope of a project, NQF Level 05, Credits 8
• PM-07, Control the project delivery schedules and costs, NQF Level 05, Credits 8
• PM-08, Control the project quality, NQF Level 05, Credits 8
• PM-09, Manage and control the human resources of a project, NQF Level 05, Credits 8
• PM-10, Conduct and control project communication and stakeholder interaction, NQF Level 05, Credits 8
• PM-11, Manage and control project risks, NQF Level 05, Credits 8
• PM-12, Manage and control project procurement activities, NQF Level 05, Credits 8
• PM-13, Manage and control project close-out activities, NQF Level 05, Credits 8
Total number of credits for Practical Skill Modules: 100
Work Experience Modules:
• WM-01, Attend to project initiation management processes, NQF Level 05, Credits 10
• WM-02, Attend to project planning processes, NQF Level 5, Credits 20
• WM-03, Attend to project execution and control processes, NQF Level 05, Credits 20
• WM-04, Attend to project close out processes, NQF Level 5, Credits 10
Total number of credits for Work Experience Modules: 60
Certificate will be issued by the Quality Council for Trades and Occupations on successful completion of External Integrated Summative Assessment
Recommend or share this course on:
Important dates and times
Remember to apply and register on time.
Application Deadline: 2021-04-15
Course offered at:Online
Course lasts for: 24 months
Class times are: Monday & Thursdays 6- 8pm
Note about class dates: Please note the course will commence with minimum of 15 students.
Credits : 240
NQF level 5
I met beautiful people, learn about other cultures. Learning English at CPUT was such a great experience that I will never ever forget. Those who want to learn English in Cape while having fun, CPUT is here for you. I am sure you will not regret it at all.
I chose the short course at CPUT, because I am a mom of a two year old. Doing a correspondance course just wouldn’t work for me. CPUT offers evening classes, which enabled me to attend classes for 6 months. I absolutely enjoyed attending the classes, I also learnt a lot and made friends within the similar fields and with similar interest. Thank you CPUT and the SCM team.
Catherine Andreka, Barloworld Logistics FM&S in Cape Town