NQF Level 4 qualification and/or equivalent experience in the public service.
The purpose of this qualification is to prepare and equip Public Administrators with key skills and knowledge needed to effectively operate in the public sector. It is designed to prepare these learners on how to manage, organise, and analyse the effects of government policies, and to use business and statistical tools to solve public sector challenges in an ethical manner. Learners will develop skills in budgeting and conducting research.
The Occupational Certificate is aimed at enhancing the various key functional elements of the work of a Public Service Administrator, namely:
• Planning - working out in broad outline the things that need to be done and the methods for doing them to accomplish the purpose set for the enterprise.
• Organising - the establishment of the formal structure of authority through which work subdivisions are arranged, defined, and coordinated for the defined objective.
• Staffing - the whole personnel function of bringing in and training the staff and maintaining favourable conditions of work.
• Directing - the continuous task of making decisions and embodying them in specific and general orders and instructions and serving as the leader of the organisation.
• Coordinating - the all important duty of interrelating the various parts of the work; OR the common thread that runs through all the activities of the organisation.
• Reporting - keeping those to whom the executive is responsible informed as to what is going on, which thus includes keeping himself/herself and his/her subordinates informed through records, research, and inspection.
• Budgeting - with all that goes with budgeting in the form of planning, accounting and control.
The qualification is made up of compulsory Knowledge Modules (Theory), Practical Modules and Work Place Modules as follows:
• Batho Pele Principles, NQF Level 5, 1 Credit.
• Government System, NQF Level 5, 2 Credits.
• Conditions of Service, NQF Level 5, 2 Credits.
• Public Policies and Service Delivery, NQF Level 5, 3 Credits.
• Public Service Communication and Administration, NQF Level 5, 2 Credits.
• Programme and Project Management, NQF Level 5, 2 Credits.
• Good Administration and Integrity in the Public Service, NQF Level 5, 2 Credits.
• Developing and Managing Self and Others in the Workplace, NQF Level 5, 4 Credits.
• Financial and Supply Chain Management, NQF Level 5, 3 Credits.
Total number of credits for Knowledge Modules: 21.
Practical Skill Modules:
• Defining service delivery criteria for a specific work context, NQF Level 5, 2 Credits.
• Building Service Delivery Partnerships and Communicating with Citizens, Stakeholders, and Co-workers, NQF Level 5, 1 Credit.
• Administering and managing workplace outputs, NQF Level 5, 1 Credit.
• Developing and Managing Human Resources, NQF Level 5, 2 Credits.
• Administering and Managing Finance and Supply Chain Management, NQF Level 5, 3 Credits.
Total number of credits for Practical Skill Modules
Certificate will be issued by the Quality Council for Trades and Occupations on successful completion of External Integrated Summative Assessment
Recommend or share this course on:
Important dates and times
Remember to apply and register on time.
Application Deadline: 2021-04-15
Course offered at:Online
Course lasts for: 6 months
Class times are: Thursday 6- 8pm
Note about class dates: Please note the course will commence with minimum 15 students.
Credits : 52
NQF level 5
I met beautiful people, learn about other cultures. Learning English at CPUT was such a great experience that I will never ever forget. Those who want to learn English in Cape while having fun, CPUT is here for you. I am sure you will not regret it at all.
I chose the short course at CPUT, because I am a mom of a two year old. Doing a correspondance course just wouldn’t work for me. CPUT offers evening classes, which enabled me to attend classes for 6 months. I absolutely enjoyed attending the classes, I also learnt a lot and made friends within the similar fields and with similar interest. Thank you CPUT and the SCM team.
Catherine Andreka, Barloworld Logistics FM&S in Cape Town