This application form must be completed in full by all students who are applying for a short course at the Cape Peninsula University of Technology and certified copies of all supporting document must be enclosed. Once this application form had been completed and the supporting documents are attached, it must be submitted to the course administrator responsible for the short course that you will be attending. Consult the website to see which course administrator to go to. Once your application had been accepted and processed the course administrator will issue you with a student number.
The supporting documents listed below are documents to be submitted with your application form. Ensure that certified copies are less than three months old. CPUT reserves the right to take legal action if documents are not authentic.
- A certified copy of the first page of your Identity Document/Card.
- Proof of your highest level of school education.
- International students must submit a valid study visa and proof of medical insurance for the duration of their studies.
Payment of fees
Short course fees are payable in full prior to commencement of date of the course. Cash payments can be made at the Cashiers Office on the campus. Provide the cashier with your student number (that had been issued to you by the course administrator) as reference when making payment. Should you make payment by means of electronic payment transfer (EFT) proof of such payment has to be submitted to your course administrator.
If your employer is paying your course fee and such employer is:
- A government department or parastatal
- A letter must be obtained in which the employer commits to paying the course fee
- An invoice will then be sent to the employer by the course administrator
- A company or other corporate entity
- The employer pays the course fee prior to the course commencing or the applicant does so.
- In the latter event the applicant then claims back the course fees paid from his/her employer.