The Quality Management Directorate was established to achieve a high level of quality at our teaching and learning institution and to guarantee the quality of services and products on the basis of scientific and professional criteria in academic and administrative departments. It contributes to the promotion of a quality assurance culture among the academic departments on all campuses of the University.
The Quality Management Directorate aims to define the criteria, and methodology for self-assessment and external evaluation, in an attempt to reach suitable and common criteria as well as exchange experience among other universities. It also aims to spread awareness regarding the concepts, definitions, and terminology related to evaluation and accreditation.
The work of the Quality Management Directorate reflects on the state of quality assurance activities in all the CPUT sites, hospitals and campuses. It also reflects on developments and practices of the institutional systems that are made from national quality assurance practices. It also highlights the role that the official body for quality assurance in South African Higher Education plays in the enhancement of quality.
The following goals were set in order to achieve the mission of the Quality Management Directorate:
- Establishing professional criteria for quality control at the University
- Monitoring, improving and developing the academic and administrative performance
- Establishing a comprehensive self-evaluation system in the field of quality control in the University.
The Department adopted several tasks to achieve the desired goals in a practical way:
- Identifying the necessary techniques
- Contributing towards the establishment of a quality control literature amongst the University’s academic departments
- Evaluating the services and products which the University offers through the criteria set by the quality control committee
- Presenting feedback about the results of implementing, monitoring the procedures, policies and regulations and instructions according to the University’s criteria.