Quality Management Directorate
The Quality Management Directorate is recognized as a leading strategic department that provides expertise on Quality Management to guide the Cape Peninsula University of Technology in becoming an excellent University of Technology.
From 18 to 22 October 2010 the Cape Peninsula University of Technology (CPUT) will be audited by the Higher Education Quality Committee (HEQC).
The Audit is part of a national initiative by the Higher Education Quality Committe and affects all institutions of Higher Education in South Africa.
The Quality Management Directorate is resposible for preparing the institution to undergo the auditing process.
- Click here to read institutional audit news.
- Click here to visit the website of the HEQC.
- Click here to download the HEQC manual on Criteria for Institutional Audits.
Quality Management Directorate mission statement and values
To provide professional quality management services to improve the business of Cape Peninsula University of Technology by assisting in the management of systems required to meet strategic objectives and the needs of the external stake holders.
We uphold the following values:
- Good judgement
Strategic quality thrusts
- Quality assurance: the policies, systems, strategies and resources used by the institution to satisfy itself that the quality requirements are being met; the implementation of harmonised quality assurance systems across all campuses
- Quality support: the policies, systems, strategies and resources used by the institution to support and sustain existing levels of quality; to embark on a process of support of the quality management expertise
- Quality development and enhancement: the policies, systems, strategies and resources used by the institution for support; to embark on a process of quality development and promotion for the staff of the institution
- Quality monitoring: the policies, systems, strategies and resources used by the institution to review monitor and act on quality issues
- Research: to conduct research on the effectiveness and impact of quality initiatives and actions
- Institutional audit: facilitate and implement an institutional audit system that will reflect the current situation regarding quality honestly and transparently
- Institutional Strategic Plan: to initiate and facilitate a process to put an institutional quality strategy in place that will allow for the raising of awareness of what quality entails, the need for it in all we do and the role that the department can play in supporting quality activities at the Cape Peninsula University of Technology.
CPUT Quality policy statement
The University promotes and supports the renewed national focus on the quality of Higher Education under the leadership of the Higher Education Quality Committee. It will thus weave considerations of quality into all aspects of its planning and activities.
More specifically, it commits itself to the development and application of a quality management system aimed at continuous improvement of all parts of the institution.
Our emphasis on quality is part of our attempt to create a unique institution, hallmarked by a strong academic project, relevance, sound financial management and highly competent administration.
The CPUT’s Quality Policy may thus be stated as follows:
CPUT Quality: (Providing) a footprint of excellence in higher education teaching and learning, research, technological insight and development and community engagement.
Director: Luclaire Airey
Tel: +27 21 9596384
Secretary: Zanele Ncedani
Tel: +27 21 9596786
Cape Peninsula University of Technology
Administration Building, Room 034