Marketing and Communication Services
The Advertising division is responsible for managing and planning the institution's corporate advertising portfolio including the promotion of under- and postgraduate courses in association with faculties and business units.
For queries relating to advertisin gcontact email@example.com or phone +27 21 959 6054
The Communication division is responsible for the production of the monthly staff newsletter, which showcases the latest developments, events, achievements and activities at CPUT.
The division is also responsible for the production of various other internal staff publications and for providing weekly content for the corporate web page.
Through the various publications, the division endeavors to instill pride and ownership among staff towards CPUT.
If you have any news that you would like to share with the CPUT community or would like the division to provide coverage of an event in your department, then please e-mail one of Communication Officers at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org .
For Communication enquires, phone +27 21 959 6311/ 6916/ 8646.
The Corporate Website division is responsible for ensuring that the pages that fall within the www.cput.ac.za domain contain content that is relevant, informative, up-to-date and of high quality.
Through news items, photographs and announcements on the home page, the online distribution of institutional publications and the creation of pages representing the University’s various units and divisions, the Corporate Website allows Internet users from across the globe to see what CPUT has to offer.
Note the following:
- Requests will be processed according to the guidelines in the Policy on Content Management for Corporate Web Pages, available to staff members via the Policies: Governance and Administration Category of the institution’s Document Repository.
- For queries relating to the CPUT Academic Information (Prospectus) web pages, contact the MIS Department.
The Information division is responsible for handling internal and external enquiries pertaining to the institution as well as managing the Newsflash, Social Announcements, Events and News internal e-mail services.
To submit an enquiry pertaining to the institution (e.g. conferences, events), phone +27 21 959 6230. Alternatively, you may email enquiries to email@example.com. We will acknowledge receipt of the email and forward the message to the appropriate department/person.
To request that an item be posted on Newsflash or Social Announcements, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org . Note that only CPUT-related items can be posted and that items may not include attachments.
To inform students about issues pertaining to CPUT or employment opportunities send an email to email@example.com. The e-mail should not be longer than 500 words and may not contain attachments. The e-mail needs to specify that it is a notice to all students and indicate whether the item is for all campuses, or for Bellville or Cape Town only.
To inform staff about any event that a Department/Faculty is organising, Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org . The event must be CPUT related and of interest to the CPUT community. The e-mail may not include attachments.
Media Liaison is a branch of public relations management aimed at obtaining and retaining understanding, goodwill and support for the institution. It seeks to develop, put into place and evaluate media, information and communication strategies that present the Institution to the public, clients and other stakeholders.
While striving to promote good information flows within the organisation, this division responsible for writing and editing media releases, reports, and commentaries for newspapers, magazines and for radio or television stations.
For enquiries relating to the external media, e-mail email@example.com or phone +27 21 953 8646.
Publications are developed in consultation with the client (e.g. faculty, department, unit) for brochures or leaflets, or with the Executive Management for institutional items such as annual reports. All publications are developed in accordance with the requirements of the corporate identity and the design elements of the marketing theme.
The process for developing a CPUT publication is as follows:
1. Need for publication as well as target market is determined.
2. Number of copies to be printed is determined.
3. Text is drafted by the client in association with the Publications Office.
4. Design elements are proposed by the Designer/Publications Office.
5. First draft is developed by publications office for approval/amendment by client.
6. Final draft submitted to client for approval, before it is forwarded to the printer.
For publications enquiries contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +27 21 959 6054
Public Relations and Event Management
The Public Relations and Event Management Division manages institutional and Executive Management functions and events. It also provides support and assistance for Faculty and Departmental events. Its support services for Faculties and Departments include informing all key stakeholders about the event, coordinating catering and providing corporate gifts.
To request assistance with your event, e-mail email@example.com at least seven days before the event is due to take place. For enquiries, phone +27 21 959 6533.
Please note the following
- Corporate gifts are subject to availability.
- All catering requests for venues on the second floor of the Administration Building on Bellville Campus must be routed through the MCD Public Relations and Event Management Division.
- The Faculty or Department requesting the event support is responsible for processing the requisitions and payments for any expenses the event incurs.
The Student Recruitment division actively engages with schools, learners, parents and prospective students and provides advice and information on study opportunities available at Cape Peninsula University of Technology. This is done by way of school talks, career exhibitions, career evenings or career events. The division is also responsible for co-ordinating the Annual Open Day, a highlight on the institutional calendar.
The Open Day is a collaborative effort with all faculties and departments and provides a platform for faculties to showcase their offerings. Thousands of learners and parents visit the event each year to see first hand what CPUT has to offer and to interact with lecturers and students through an interactive exhibition.
Faculty Open Days are held throughout the year and the Student Recruitment Unit provides assistance in this regard. School groups who wish to visit the institution can also arrange with the Student Recruitment Unit for a campus tour.
Principals, Life Orientation teachers, Career Advisors and Organisations are most welcome to contact the Unit by fax, email or telephone if you would like to
- Arrange for a school talk by one of our Student Recruitment Officers
- Invite a CPUT representative to your Career event.
- Request course brochures and/or application forms
- Request information about the Open Day.
- Arrange for a campus tour for learners.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +27 21 959 6228 for recruitment enquiries relating to the following areas:
- The Western Cape regions of Overberg, West Coast, Winelands and Metro North
- Northern Cape, Gauteng
Email email@example.com or phone +27 21 959 6087 for recruitment enquiries relating to the following areas:
- The Western Cape regions of Metro East, Eden, Central Karoo, Metro South (Mitchells Plain)
- Kwazulu Natal, Free State, North West Province
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone + 27 21 959 6149 for recruitment enquiries relating to the following areas:
- The Western Cape Regions of Metro Central and Metro South
- Eastern Cape, Mpumalanga, Limpopo