The Directorate Legal Services functions as CPUT’s in-house legal services and forms part of the Registrar’s portfolio. The Directorate provides legal services to the university’s management, and academic- and support service departments. The Directorate does not provide legal advice or representation to individual university employees or students on their personal matters.
Services offered by the Directorate Legal Services include:
- vetting and drafting of contracts
- provide legal advice on compliance with legislation and institutional policies
- provide litigation support to the University
- manage student disciplinary proceedings in accordance with code of conduct and disciplinary rules for students
- develop and update code of conduct and disciplinary rules for students
- provide general legal advice and support to the University
- coordinate and manage the administrative process pertaining to the external forensic investigation and whistle blow matters on behalf of the University
Request Legal Services Online
You can now request legal services online with our faster and simpler electronic form.