"Personal development is your springboard to personal excellence. Ongoing, continuous, non-stop personal development literally assures you that there is no limit to what you can accomplish." Brian Tracy
Support to Staff Members working with Students with Disabilities
1. Provision of information and support with regard to:
- Disability issues in general.
- Adaptive curricula.
- Adaptive study materials.
- Adaptive teaching methods.
- Adaptive assessment methods.
- Assistive technology.
2. Training sessions on the specialised software programmes available at the Disability Unit. This enables staff members to understand the purpose and use of the software, in order to provide specialised support, where necessary.
Support to Staff Members with Disabilities
- Support of staff members who are blind by providing important documentation in Braille and/or online format.
- Collaboration with the Human Resources, Facilities and Maintenance Departments on reasonable accommodation, mobility and access issues on campus that affect staff.
- Information on the use of assistive technology.
- Liaison with other internal and external support services, where necessary.
- Fulfill advisory role in the recruitment and retention of staff with disabilities in the institution.
- Advocacy for and information about equity and non-discrimination in the workplace.