The Research Directorate provides an opportunity for CPUT staff members and postgraduate students to contribute to reputable local and international conferences through the Conference Committee (ConfCom) initiative.
First term ConfCom call for 2017
Deadline: 20 February 2017
Apply online at https://cput.rims.ac.za/
Please contact the facilitators should you wish for training to be conducted at your respective department, faculty, or campus.
Ms Luyolo Kamati
Tel: +27 21 460 3843
Ms Samantha Linn Coert
Tel: +27 21 460 3074
Ms Tania Holmes-Watts
Tel: +27 21 460 4240
Ms Pumza Makaula
Tel: +27 21 460 3895
Notes about ConfCom
- This is for local and international conferences
- Applicants are advised to apply three months before the anticipated travel date
- The line managers (Head of Department & Dean) of the applicant must evaluate and endorse the application prior to submission, using this form. In case of students, the supervisor must also endorse and provide a motivation.
- Applications are reviewed by members of ConfCom
- The applicant must present a paper or poster with evidence of its acceptance by the organising committee
- All conference applications must be accompanied by an abstract and supporting documents as indicated in the call.
- Master’s students should be accompanied by their supervisor. Students and supervisors may either present a co-authored paper and individual papers/posters.
- It is permissible for conference attendees to extend their stay abroad for personal reasons; however ConfCom will only pay for the return ticket, conference registration, and accommodation and local travel for the duration of the conference plus one day pre- and post-conference. Any additional days are for the attendee’s account.
|Terms of reference||Document|
|ConfCom planning schedule 2017||Document|
Please refer ALL ConfCom queries to firstname.lastname@example.org