Course Information and Fees
CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENTBTech: (baccalaureus technologiae)
- Pre-tender planning and programming of projects to determine the optimal use of resources
- Post-tender refining and monitoring of construction programmes to ensure the smooth running and the completion of contracts on time
- Quality control of labour and materials used in buildings
- Controlling and managing sub-contractors, suppliers and the like
- Co-ordinating the handing over of the completed projects
Good human relations, as well as the ability to think logically and report on situations in an orderly manner, are important as the construction manager needs to develop a close working relationship with the architect, client, engineer and other members of the professional team.
Purpose and Rationale of the qualification
This qualification is intended for persons specialising in the field of construction management. Persons achieving this qualification will be competent to independently perform services relevant to contract planning management and property development.
For all Certificate and National Diploma applications, consult the General admission requirements.
Some courses require students to submit additional information as part of their application.
For all Bachelors, Honours, Masters and Doctorate applications, consult the Postgraduate admission requirements.
Graduates are eligible for professional registration with the South African Council for the Project and Construction Management Professions after the prescribed period of work. Professional registration enables them to practise as construction managers.
The fees for 2017 reflected below may be subject to change.
Please confirm the final fee amount by contacting the relevant Faculty Office or contact person as listed at the bottom of this page.